Smatterling offers a service, which connects and brings people personally together. Nevertheless, safety is one of the highest goods we want to guarantee our users, so we provide our users a row of safety-tips which are highly recommended to be read and considered. Thank you!
- Always think what data you offer and send to other users. Be careful and do not provide any data you might to strangers, except those which are necessary to use the app.
- Never provide other users financial information.
- Keep your social security number, credit card number or bank information, or your work or home address secretly.
Creating an event and Joining an event
- Once you created an event, consider that everyone in 25 kilometres radius can locate you and knows where you are:
- In case, you set “Request to join” and you “deny” a request, your location will automatically vanish for the requesting user.
- In case, you set “No request to join”, every user can join you without requesting.
- You can always delete your event, if you do not want to be located anymore.
- Once you joined an event make sure the event takes place rather in a public than a private place.
- We recommend to meet rather at public than at private places.
- Be careful who you meet.
- Tell Your Friends and Family Members of Your Plans
- Stay sober: Avoid alcohol and drugs.
- Transport Yourself to and from the Meeting.
- In case of danger do not hesitate to call help.
- If you are following the navigation system to a created event, make sure you always focus on the streets, other people, cars, animals or other things that can be dangerous.
- Respect the privacy of other users. Do not abuse or misuse other´s data in order to harm anyone.
- Collaborate with others in order to avoid any damage or danger.
- If you might identify a fake profile or suspicious user immediately report the user so that we can check his profile.
For Further Help, Support or Advice
In the case that something has happened, immediately call 112 (Europe) or 911 (America). Emergency situations include a recent threat of violence or sexual violence, recent act of violence or sexual violence or if your health or someone else’s is in danger.
If something has happened and you’re in need of help, support or advice pertaining to physical or sexual assault, please call the below 24hr hotlines.
Rape, Abuse and Incest National Hotline
Phone: 01 5871089
National and European Emergency Hotline